Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants reaches charity goal, set to feed 15,000 people across the U.S.
DALLAS, Tex. –Following on its commitment to give back to the communities served by its restaurants, officials representing Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc. today announced it will donate more than 2,000 pounds of spaghetti to 14 local food banks across the country to help feed 15,000 people as part of a special one-day charity event completed at its 15 locations.
“We are pleased to announce that Spaghetti Warehouse will donate enough spaghetti to help feed 1,000 people at each of the food banks who partnered with us in the communities served by our restaurants. We greatly appreciate the support and participation of our guests in helping us to make this donation,” said Pete Van Gurp, vice president-operations, Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc.
On Tuesday, Spaghetti Warehouse committed to making a donation of spaghetti to a local food bank for the “Perfect Match Amore Combos” purchased in its Texas, Florida, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Tennessee locations. Each food bank will receive 140 lbs. of spaghetti as a result of the one-day event.
“We know that there are many, many people out there struggling to make ends meet and if we can help in a small, yet meaningful way, all of us at Spaghetti Warehouse are happy to do anything we can to make a difference,” added Van Gurp.
To reach its goal of helping to feed 15,000 people, Van Gurp added that the donation in the Dallas area will include enough spaghetti to feed 3,000 people at two food banks to represent its three locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth market.
Among the food banks that will receive the donation include:
- Houston Food Bank Houston, TX
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank Columbus, OH
- The Dayton Food Bank Dayton, OH
- Toledo Northwestern Food Bank Toledo, OH
- Feeding America Tampa Bay, FL
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank Pittsburgh, PA
- Mid-South Food Bank Memphis, TN
- Food Bank of Central New York Syracuse, NY
- San Antonio Food Bank San Antonio, TX
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma Tulsa, OK
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma Oklahoma City, OK
- Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank Akron-Canton, OH
- North Texas Food Bank Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Tarrant County Food Bank Fort Worth, TX
For additional information regarding the event, visit the Spaghetti Warehouse website at: www.meatballs.com.
Click Here to download PDF of the News Release